September 22, 2011

Miss. Busy Bee

It has been a busy last couple of weeks. School has started up. Haven't had much time for fun, but that's ok...I sneak it in here and there! Running keeps me sane, and hopefully the yoga I've just started will do the same.

Recent blog worthy breakfasts


Pumpkin smoothie in a bowl. Contents: frozen canned pumpkin, frozen banana, silken tofu, almond milk, cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg and ginger. Topped with oatmeal, almonds and a few chocolate chips.


Pumpkin Oatmeal. Oatmeal, almond milk, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg. Topped with cinnamon and raisins. 


Pumpkin Buckwheat Microwaved Bake: 

serves 1
www.edibleperspective.com
  • 1/4c ground buckwheat groats [untoasted]
  • 1T whole buckwheat groats
  • 1/2-1t cinnamon
  • 1/4t ginger
  • sprinkle of all spice/nutmeg/clove
  • 1/2T vanilla
  • 1/4c pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/4t baking powder
  • 1 flax egg [1T ground flax meal + 2.5T warm water, whisked] or 1 large egg
  • 1T chia seeds
  • 2T chopped almonds [optional]
  • 2T almond milk

Instructions:


1. spray microwave safe bowl with cooking spray.
2. pour contents into bowl and smooth top
3. microwave for around 2 minutes
4. slip out of bowl, top with desired toppings and enjoy!

This is one of my favourite breakies. I would make it everyday if I could. I definitely suggest you try it.



Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna in the works.


mmm...perfect amount of spices! topped with greek yogurt and green onions.


whoops, not in the right order....ready for the oven.


Cocoa chili. I came home last night super hungry and wasn't sure what to make. I whipped this up quickly. Turned out pretty good but even better today. Super thick and rich. Contents: 1 can of black beans, 1 can of whole tomatoes, crushed, cocoa powder, cumin, chill powder, salt, pepper, a touch of sugar, bay leaf. Simmered for about 20 minutes. Topped with raw pepitas and feta cheese. Carrots and a slice of Ezeikiel bread. Fav bread, made without wheat. Use lentils and other protein instead. There is a actually quite a bit of protein in this bread. And it has an awesome chew. mmm, love chewy bread!

As for my lunches, well they are usually really boring so there hasn't been anything to post. But I assure you, as soon as I eat something exciting for lunch I will post it!

Here is the recipe for the Indian Shepherd's Pie. Sorry for the delay.


Ingredients



Instructions (hope you can read them...)


This is the recipe for the Pumpkin Spiced Chickpeas I used in the recipe rather than canned chickpeas. It added a lot of flavour. The perfect spices for fall.


Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment