September 12, 2011

A Whole Buncha Stuff

It's been quite awhile since I have done a blog post, which is pretty lame. It's not that I haven't wanted to write one, I really have wanted to, but I have been busy with work and getting things organized for school. Now that school has started and I am beginning to get settled into my new routine, I am feeling more inspired to create new recipes! Despite the abnormally warm weather we are having here in Victoria, I am feeling fresh and rejuvenated. There is something about September that always does that to me. I love it. Although I feel excited about the fall and the new semester ahead, I still haven't been able to remember to photograph my meals....I'll get back into it soon though.

Because of this, this post isn't going to be like others because I haven't been documenting every meal of the day. Trust me you wouldn't want to see them all. They have been extremely boring, especially since I hadn't grocery shopped in about 2 weeks...until yesterday. Francis did the grocery shopping for me, which was BEYOND helpful. I made him a fool proof spread sheet with the brand, what it looks like, where to find it etc... I am VERY particular about what kind of food I put into my body. But he loves me despite my pickiness. I am one lucky lady that's for sure.

Anyways, for this post I decided to experiment a little bit. I wanted to use the camera from my new phone (Blackberry bold) to see how they would turn out. It is a lot easier to carry around my phone with me instead of my huge Nikon. So here are a few pictures I have taken over the last couple of weeks with my camera phone.


Quinoa, wild rice salad with spinach, dried apricots, pepitas and a lime-cilantro dressing. This was consumed on my 2 hour break during a split shift I had. I had to wait about 20 minutes to get into Rebar to have this salad but it was worth the wait!


I had a coupon for a free frozen yogurt from Qoola, so Francis and I shared this bad boy on a hot summer night last week. Mint (new flavour - FAV!), strawberry banana and plain with fresh mango and rainbow sprinkles. Sprinkles make everything better!

that's my mom on FaceTime. 
This is my new computer that I got for school. I will blogging on this baby from now on. Beyond excited about that.

Francis at The Village in Estevan Village, Victoria this past Sunday. He is eating the Hash, which is everything and a side of meat :P It's a huge meal and he loved it. You can't tell from this pic, but there was a half marathon going on along Oak Bay Ave that morning and we had front row seats! It was awesome. It really made me want to train for a longer race again.

I'm still thinking about doing the Comox Half Marathon but we'll see how busy I am in the Spring. Right now I'm really enjoying the shorter, fast runs with intervals and hill sprints. They are short and sweet and aren't as time consuming as half marathon training. And I don't have to worry as much about how many calories I am eating and how much protein, fat and carbs I am getting throughout the day. This is key to successful half marathon training because if you don't put in what you are putting out you will lack energy and won't be able to keep up the intense training. It really is a lot of work. Fun work, but work. It's always a relief once it's over.


Me at the Village. I had the Omelette with feta, fresh dill and spinach. The portion size was just right. I have NO idea why I look like such a priss in this picture...and why I'm barely smiling....I would have put another one on but this was the only one lol. I'm not a priss at all and was really happy to be out for breakfast but it doesn't come across that way obviously.... Oh well!


Walk along Willows Beach after breaky.



Ahh...veggie overload. I love how many veggies I have after a good grocery shop. Amy's veggie burg topped with some avocado, salad, carrots, celery, brown rice crackers and some ketchup on da side. MMM MMM good. 


Indian Shepherd's Pie courtesy of Mama Pea from peasandthankyou.com. I recently bought her cookbook and am so excited to make more of her recipes. This one is a sure keeper. Warm, cinnamony (not a real word but it is in my vocab :)), pumpkiny with hints of nutmeg and ginger.


This recipes said that it was for 4 servings...well, I don't know who is eating these servings but they must have a ginormous appetite. This is more like 6 servings. Not to complain or anything...I am happy that I will have a good 6 meals out of this, which is great considering it took me over an hour to put together. The topping tasted like pumpkin pie with the butternut squash and sweet potato mixture with cinnamon, earth balance buttery spread and almond milk.

The filling of this pie consisted of quinoa, pumpkin spiced roasted chickpeas, onions, carrots, garlic, tofurkey sausages, veggie broth, curry, coriander and a few peas for a pop of colour! 

So, there you have it...the pictures from my phone. Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of these pictures, however, they aren't anywhere near as clear as the ones I take with the my Nikon. It's just a lot more practical to lug around my phone rather than my huge camera :)

Well, that's it for now...hope you all have a wonderful night and I will be chatting with to you very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment