January 30, 2012

Overnight Oats are Back!

I've been really into overnight oats lately.  Weird considering I normally crave warm breakfasts all fall and winter long.  As soon as the craving hit...I knew what had to be done...

Enter...Creamy Overnight Oats!


Overnight oats are sooo easy.  All you do is put all of your ingredients in a jar/bowl, put in the fridge overnight, top with desired toppings in the morning and dig in! I've been loving them lately because I have been having very early/busy mornings lately and the last thing I want to do is make myself the kind of breakfast that I LOVE to eat.  The 30 seconds of prep are totally worth it I swear ;)


In this mix: 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup almond milk, 1/3 cup oikos yogurt, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 banana chopped up, 1/4 cup blueberries! In the morning I made some of my 5 minute granola, which I haven't made in forever! I forgot how delicious this stuff is :) If you are interested in that recipe just look through my older posts and you will find it!

oh and sorry for the horrible quality pictures.  I used the camera on my phone and they didn't turn out well at all but it was the best I could do.  I think I was too excited to eat this to care how the pictures turned out. You understand i'm sure!

Dinner tonight involved very simple ingredients, using things I had in my cupboards and fridge.  I decided on a red curry rice bowl!


I sautéed up an onion in about 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 clove of garlic, 3 carrots, 1 sweet potato, chickpeas, 1 can of coconut milk, and red curry paste.


served on top a bed of steaming hot brown rice.


This dish was good. And I mean REALLY good.  

I'm glad I made a decent amount of this stuff because curry makes great leftovers! Plus, this means I don't have to cook for at least a day! Gotta love that.

Have a wonderful night!

Amy


Oh and the last two pictures are of my legs after a run my friend Loring and I went on yesterday.  I think it was a little bit muddy...


It was seriously so much fun though! I definitely do not mind running in different weather.  Rain, snow... whatever. I like it! It makes my runs a lot more fun and interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment