April 21, 2012

Skewer Always on my Mind

Because I was going to be all by myself for dinner last night I had every intention of whipping together a smoothie. In fact, I was actually starting to look forward to it...that is until Francis had come home for dinner (I thought he was going to be studying at school all night).  I had just got back from the grocery store so I decided to whip up some delicious salmon and brown rice.

Skewer Alway on my Mind 

Eat Shrink and Be Merry

Ingredients


1/4 cup Lime juice
2 tbsp Minced cilantro
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Honey mustard (I used dijon mixed with honey)
1 tbsp Barbecue sauce (I used ketchup)
1 tsp Grated lime zest
1 tsp Minced garlic
1/4 tsp Each cumin, ground coriander, salt and black pepper
1 and 1/2 lb Boneless skinless salmon fillets, cut into chunks
Skewers

Preparation


Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
Place salmon chunks in a large, plastic bag along with marinade and seal bag. Turn several times to coat w marinade. Refrigerate for 30 mins. 
Preheat grill or broiler. Remove salmon from marinade and thread onto skewers. Coat grill rack or broiler pan with olive oil. Grill or broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side, brushing often with remaining marinade. Salmon should be slightly pink in the center.

This is on a salad plate...it really isn't the huge mound that it looks like. 

This morning I had a green monster smoothie, which I didn't take a picture of and by the time lunch rolled around I really wanted eggs.  I decided to make a frittata/omlette filled with spinach and light feta cheese, topped with chipotle salsa and cinnamon, raisin bread with hazelnuts, made in Qualicum Beach, BC.  It's made with spelt and kamut flour and is absolutely scrumptious toasted and topped with a little Earth Balance. Mmm... And no, it isn't as big a you think it is...again, it is on a salad plate. I really don't like eating off of huge plates because I never fill them and it is depressing for both my eyes AND my stomach...this way, I am tricking my brain and tummy into thinking it is getting more food! Man I'm smrt smart.

Okay, back to lesson planning and tea drinking!

Have a lovely Saturday night!
Amy



1 comment:

  1. I've been craving fish like its my job lately!! But somehow, salmon in Ontario never tastes as good in Ontario as it does in BC. I'm sure its all in my head(?), but I just can't hep but miss fresh BC seafood! Also, 100% making the omelet you posted for lunch today :) YUMMO.

    ReplyDelete