August 06, 2012

Chocolate Covered Banana Popsicles

First of all, Happy BC Day to all my fellow British Columbians!  Let's take some time today to really take pride in this beautiful province we are so lucky to live in.



Okay...now onto some wonderful food related rambling, starting with my love for Overnight Oats.  Here is today's breakfast, which has been a repeat for the past week or so (okay maybe 2 weeks).


In the mix: Oikos greek yogurt, scottish oats, almond milk, chia seeds, raspberries and a perfectly ripe peach!  I LOVE waking up to to my breakfast already made for me.  It's such a treat, even though I am the one who made it, but who's keeping track? ;)

Another thing I've been LOVING lately, or rather wanting to make lately, Chocolate Covered Banana Popsicles.  I used to make them all the time, and for some reason this summer I have completely forgotten about them...that is, until now :)


I started off by melting some dark chocolate chips over the stove.  I used EnjoyLife brand.


Then I cut the bananas in half and put them on chop sticks.


Next I got my toppings reading.  I crushed up some Extreme Chocolate Flavoured Cookies (SO GOOD)


which are all natural, wheat and gluten free! So, a fairly "healthy" chocolate cookie, I'd say.


Vanilla yogurt


Cookie crumbs


Crushed walnuts


Melted chocolate (drool...)


I then started the process.  A little chocolate dip, then roll in cookie crumbs.


Oh baby...they are SO GOOD!


I then made about 4 dipped in yogurt and walnuts, topped with a little leftover chocolate.  I mean, I couldn't let it go to waste now could I? No, I could not!


I froze them on a tinfoiled cookie sheet for about 3 hours, then took them out and wrapped them in tinfoil.  They are now stored in the freezer for a nice, cool summer treat!

Okay, now go and make them a.s.a.p. DO IT! You will NOT regret it.  

Have a great night and Happy BC Day to all my fellow British Columbians!



1 comment:

  1. Gawd those look good. I wouldn't mind having one for breaky right about now actually!

    ReplyDelete