January 21, 2013

Weekly Glory

This past week was definitely a great one!  I worked Monday-Friday and ran before work on Tuesday and Weds, which I thoroughly enjoyed!  I wasn't feel well on Thursday so I decided to skip the run.  Thursday afternoon I went to a ladies luncheon for my dad's work and it was seriously lovely.  My mom and I ate some delicious food, including this sparkly little bad boy below, listened to wonderful female speakers, watched a fashion show and got some free goods! What could be better?

ALMOST too pretty to eat.  I said almost...
On Saturday morning, I met Britta and Max for a nice and easy 7 km run followed by a delicious americano at Cafe Fantastico!  After I got back and showered up, my mom and I decided to do a little bit of shopping and then met with the boys for some delicious lunch at Rebar (where else?).  We spent the afternoon lazing around and in the evening we left the boys to their hockey game and went to watched Silver Linings Playbook (SO FLIPPING GOOD. GO SEE IT NOW).  

Sunday was another AMAZING day.  We started our day off by going to Willie's Bakery and Cafe on Lo Jo.  I have gone past here hundreds of times...get my hair done right beside it, eat and shop all the way around it and yet I've never gone in.  So, we decided to check it out after Britta recommended it to me!  Holy moly was it ever good!  I wasn't sure what to order...there were so many amazing things on the menu and I was very excited...so I started off with an americano and decided on the cinnamon raisin french toast.  I had 2 slices and left the 3rd for Francis.  Stuffed to the brim!




My mom got the pancakes (BEST I HAVE EVER HAD OUT), an egg and sausage.  


Francis got the huevos rancheros, what else?  Isn't he handsome?

After breakfast my mom and I headed to Costco to get some goods.  It was so busy that we were in and out as fast as we could.

Goods from Costco: yogurt, hummus, mango, lettuce, blackberries, tomatoes, organic eggs and a melon.  The only things that aren't pictured are pears, oranges and chicken.
We spent the afternoon relaxing at home.  I had a quick lay down and then met Britta for our long run around 4 pm.  We were set up to do 13-14 km but by the time we got to 14 we weren't back to the car yet and it was getting dark and a tad sketchy so we decided to keep running...since we got to the car at 14.7 km we decided to even it out and stop at 15 km!  It was an absolutely fantastic run...and we both agreed that we could have kept going, which is always THE BEST feeling :-)  I was definitely feeling amazing after this run.  Had a HUGE smile on my face for the rest of the night and just feel so fortunate, giddy and just plain great!!!!  For more info on my half marathon training, check out my Workouts page.

When I got home I had a little facetime sesh with my sis, snacked on some mango and made some delicious dinner.  Garam Masala Yogurt Chicken it was!!!

Garam Masala Yogurt Chicken

Ingredients
1 medium onion, chopped
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp tumeric
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 cup grape/cherry tomatoes
2-3 chicken breasts

Directions
1. Put 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.  Once hot, add in onion, garlic and ginger.  Cook until onion is soft.
2.  Add in spices and cook for about 2 mins.
3.  Turn down heat to low/medium.  Wait for a minute or so until it cools down and then add in the yogurt stirring frequently until it is well combined with other ingredients.
4.  Cut tomatoes in half and add them to the mixture.  Cut up chicken breast into strips or bite size pieces and add them in as well.
5.  Stir to combine all ingredients, and cover with a lid.  On medium heat, allow chicken to steam for about 20-30 minutes, checking every 10 mins.
6. Serve over grain of choice, top with greek yogurt!



Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!  Here is my FAVOURITE song right now.  Feel free to get up and dance to it...you know you wanna ;)














4 comments:

  1. Love the pics from Willie's :) ahh, so glad you loved it - the fam pics are so great :) I need to make that dinner. Looks so easy and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you all over Britta's blog, but had NO IDEA you had your own!! EEEP so exciting! I am always secretly wishing I could come run with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do! And we secretly...and now not so secretly wish you could come running with us too! Maybe one day? Haha! Until then we can be virtual running buddies!

      Delete