March 29, 2015

I'm Back!

Well, well, well...look who we have here.  Yes, I'm back.  Yes, It's been over a year.  I still can't believe it.  No major excuses and no, I am not going to write a novel about what I have been up to because I have a granola recipe to share with you, and let's face it granola recipe > my whole life story.  But, here is a quick little list to get you all up to date:

  • I am currently teaching at the same school as last year (K-2 class), which is in a very remote community
  • Francis graduated from UVic with his Engineering degree and moved to Campbell River.  He now has a great job working for the Hydro Dam project as a Field Engineer!
  • We (my dad, Francis and I) renovated and moved into a house on a large piece of property 
  • I am still baking and cooking up a storm
  • I haven't been running much at all lately but have been going to group classes at the gym (zumba, spin) and keeping up with my pilates!

Now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business.

This granola *drool*.  So easy, so quick, so healthy, SO delicious.  Make it, like now!


Five-Minute Granola

Ingredients:

1/2 cup oatmeal
2 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used maple syrup but actually prefer agave nectar)
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven (I used a toaster oven) to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together.  
  • Note: it is easier to use coconut oil at room temperature than liquid
2. Spread granola onto non stick cookie sheet or onto a silpat.
3. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
4. Allow to cool and enjoy (if you're impatient like me you can put it in the freezer)





I love this granola so much that I sometimes make it at 5:00 am before I head off to work.  


Served on top of 2 % greek yogurt and topped with banana, apple, peanut butter coconut oil drizzle and unsweetened coconut flakes!

How do you like to eat your granola?







1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo happy you're back! And 2 posts already, wahoo! Made my day. That granola sounds absolutely delicious and so so easy - you always know how to whip something up so quickly! I'm loving the look of that tomato soup too :) Miss you! xx

    ReplyDelete