March 31, 2015

It Finally Hit Me!

It finally hit me.  I am officially on Spring Break.  It hit me yesterday morning when I didn't have to get up hours before the sun.  Those of you who know me know that I am a huge early bird, but sometimes 5:00 am is just a tad too early to get the worm everyone's always talking about...

Yesterday I got up at 7:00 am, made some breakfast and plunked myself on the couch where I slowly enjoyed my breakfast while watching some Netflix!  Ahhh...no better way to spend my first real day of holidays!

I have no real plans for the next two weeks, which I'm kind of loving.  At first, I was a bit disappointed I wasn't going anywhere but now I'm perfectly content with my decision!  I plan on doing some Spring cleaning (i.e. going through cupboards, closets and drawers), getting my gardens ready, building a kitchen table (pretty excited about this one) and going to as many classes at the gym as I can!

Now, back to the food!  Here's yesterday's breakfast.


Acai bowl with all of the toppings!


Acai Bowl
Ingredients:

1 package of sugar free acai pack


1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/8-1/4 cup almond milk (I used homemade but any will do)

Directions:

1. Blend in blender/food processor. The stronger the better!  Add more liquid to reach desired consistency.

2. Have fun with your toppings!  I added banana, blackberries, leftover granola from yesterday's breakfast, walnuts and raw buckwheat groats.

Now, I have never had an acai bowl before, nor do I know what it is them...but this one was phenomenal! 

Do any of you make acai bowls? Or if you don't, have you ever had one?  















No comments:

Post a Comment